Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simpicity New Look 6126 (& box shorts)

Hey <3s! I love to be comfy...dont you??  So I've made me a cute robe & short set. I love the pattern for the kimono robe because I can make it from a variety of fabrics ti give it a different feel. I made the pattern for the shorts using my beginner pattern maker skills lol.

Pattern description: Kimono robe & sleep box shorts
Fabric used: Floral cotton blend
This robe was very easy..it only had 4 parts. I did a rolled herm around all the opens (neckline, arms, hem). Very nice! With this one I used wide double fold bias tape as a casing all around the waist for the drawstring.. But in the next one I'm only going to put it in the b back and have the string coming out say the side seams. It came out great.
   I patterned the shorts myself...I think the pieces look like boxes with some weird stuff going on, so I call them box shorts. They have an elastic waist & a long crotch got more comfy room.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done? Yes, it was just right..
Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't need them.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it it others? Yes, I've already started a second robe & 2 more pairs of shorts lol
Lovely sewing,
     Cookie <3