Saturday, September 22, 2012

To baby, with love...

One of my favorite things to sew are baby blankies. I love babies, so a few years ago I started making blankies for my expecting relatives. They were an instant hit but because they were so time consuming I couldn't make them all the time..

Well since then I have upgraded my tools, so now instead of cutting all those little squares with scissors I use a rotary cutter..cuts the time way down.
I do very basic quilts. Nothing too fancy. They are mostly pieced squares, rectangles or triangles.
I like to make both sides pretty, so sometimes I piece both sides..i also try to applique something on the front..lately ppl want the babies names or initials...
I am starting a new blankie this weekend. It's a girl! Im not sure yet of how I'm going to piece it but I have the fabric. I think it will turn out very pretty.
Stay tuned for updates..
Pictures: The baby shower invite & my chosen fabrics...